The site’s not officially “open” yet, but that doesn’t mean i can’t start bringing you the latest news (and maybe a review or two) on Monster High. What better way to kick off our first news article than with Mattel’s plans for the San Diego Comic Con from their official Facebook page.
Whether you’re rocking a freaky-fab MH outfit on the convention center floor or following along from the comfort of your catacomb, Monster High is bringing you all of the fangtastic fun from this year’s San Diego Comic-Con!
For those guys and ghouls haunting the Convention Center, Monster High is embracing Freaky-Fab 13 at Comic-Con!
• 7/13 (10a-11a): Stop by for a Twitter Fan Meet Up at the Mattel signing area!
• 7/13 (10a-11a): Fans checking in on Foursquare will receive an MH SDCC Bag at the Mattel signing area (only 100 bags available to the first 100 fans to check in)!
• 7/13 (3p-4p): MH designers and character voices will thrill in Monster High’s first ever Comic-Con Panel! The hour will include Q&A, an exclusive freak-peak at the Ghouls Rule Trailer, new character reveals and a costume contest that will leave fans screaming in excitement. The panel will be held in room 24ABC.
• Remember to share your MH Comic-Con pics with other student bodies on the MH Facebook page – including any scary-cute pics you take in the official MH fan photo booth!
For all monsters:
• Keep a close eye on your iCoffins: Monster High will be reporting live via Twitter and Ghoulia will reprise her role as special Comic-Con reporter on Facebook and the Gory Gazette Tumblr throughout the event!
• An exclusive Comic-Con doll giveaway contest will materialize soon – so keep your eyes open and be ready to pounce!
• Scary-cool new doll reveals will be unearthed
• Dying to ask a question at the MH Panel, but can’t make it to SDCC on 7/13? Tweet a question to @MonsterHigh by Friday 7/6 and yours might be picked to be answered at the end of the Q&A session!
I find it amazing how popular Monster High has become over the last couple years. Mattel is usually interactive with their fans during SDCC, but they’ve taken it to a whole new level with this years Monster High showing. They’re definitely going to have some great giveaways. I’m particularly curious if the Comic Con doll giveaway will be Scarah Screams or something else. But the really great part is that they’re allowing people who aren’t even at the Con to submit questions via Twitter. So whether you’re attending or not, it sounds like this year’s MH SDCC will be a blast! (I know a couple of other Matty Collector fan bases that would be particularly jealous.)
I’ll be keeping up on the events, so check back here for any news you might have missed.